Can I get a good rank in the JEE Advanced 2020 if I start my preparation from November 2019?
Yes, starting November 2019, you can get a good rank in JEE Advanced 2020 if you are dedicated and work hard with consistency. With respect to your previous question, right now focus on clearing JEE Main.
Here are some tips to get a good rank in JEE Advanced 2020.
- Understand and feel what’s going on in the topic. JEE Advanced requires in depth knowledge of subjects. Just remembering the formulas won’t help.
- Apart from thorough understanding of the concepts, the thing it requires is rigorous practice. Even if you have the concepts it would require a lot of skills to apply it in the exam.
- In JEE Advanced, accuracy matters much more than your speed. Since even a slight mistake can ruin other questions marks.
- On the exam day, pick up the questions based on your strengths, no need of attempting too many questions. However, it is important that your basics of almost all the topics are clear and that you can tackle easy or moderate level problems in those topics, because sometimes easier questions may come from the topics which you didn’t prepare that well.
- Solve previous years papers of JEE advanced chapter-wise, and then later full syllabus.
- Give as many mock tests as possible.
- Analyse your mock tests. If you are getting too much negative marks in your mock tests, then you need to analyse your tests and find out the silly mistakes you are doing. Don’t repeat the same mistakes in next test.
- Make notes and review them. Making a handbook or short notes is the best option for revising any topic in JEE preparation.
- The last and most important thing is that you must be consistent in the remaining months. Never back down, keep yourself pushing forward, fight with the bad situation and never lose hope even in the last minutes.
Related Post : Small Goals That Motivates You to Get a Good Rank in JEE