What study tips and advice would you give to someone who is taking a partial drop for the JEE exam?
Attending classes in college and simultaneously studying for JEE during partial drop is a tough task. It’s hard but hard is not impossible.
Study Tips and Advice for JEE Partial Droppers :
- Make sure you devote at-least 3–4 hours to JEE studies everyday. It can be early morning or after your college classes, you have to create a schedule. The number of study hours can increase on holiday.
- Join a coaching to stay on track and for clearing your doubts. If you are not able to join an institute due to your college timings, then don’t worry, you can join a JEE online course during late evening hours.
- Understand the concepts instead of memorizing them (some exception to Chemistry). Read through your weaker sections and then attempt problems related to it.
- Make problem solving a habit. Spend some time everyday in solving problems. Only covering the theory will get you nowhere. JEE demands a lot a practice.
- Keep revising what you are studying every day.
- Time management and the pattern of solving questions is important to clear JEE with good rank. You have to reach to the solution in fastest possible time. Learn to apply tricks in solving problems. This comes with lots of practice.
- Solve JEE online mock tests after the syllabus is over.
- Be determined. Stay positive and motivated. There will be times when you would find it difficult to understand and manage things. Do not give up.
All the best.
This is the reason I failed to clear JEE this year.
Thanks a lot for the tips and motivation.
True failure is lack of further attempts!
You are already ahead of people who are not even trying again. Hope you do well.