How should I plan my 2 years of the JEE preparation to get into an IIT?
2 years is a good time in hand to prepare well for JEE to get admission in an IIT.
Tips to plan 2 years of JEE preparation :
- Go through the complete syllabus of JEE when you are starting JEE preparation.
- Get the books and study material required for JEE preparation. You need to decide whether you want to start studying from JEE preparation books or JEE study material which is more than enough to cover the syllabus.
- Prepare a study schedule or time table. The advantage of having a daily schedule is once you are finished with a task, you already know what is next on your schedule.
- Understand the basics, strengthen concepts and make a habit of problem solving. Be really thorough with the concepts. First understand the theory part and then practice problems. It’s the way to understand concepts in a better way. If you are not able to solve a problem, read the theory again and again till you get the feel of the topic.
- Keep writing notes along with your studies. You can include important points, shortcuts, formulas, reactions, mistakes, etc.
- Join a coaching for systematic and guided preparation. In coaching classes, you can ask your doubts, queries, learning methods or anything that is getting you trouble.
- Be determined and stay consistent. There will be times when you would find it difficult to understand and manage things. Do not give up.
- Take small breaks between long study hours. Breaks can be anything from going for a short walk, playing some game, or watching something you like.
- Keep revising your learned topics. Always revise important points before sleeping.
- Focus on small goals to achieve big results. Take up one topic at a time and focus on accomplishing the goals related to the topic; once that is over, move to the next topic in the syllabus. When a test is coming, revise theory and solve problems from all the topics.
- Measure your learning and performance. You need to give tests on a regular basis to check your learning, speed, accuracy and time management skills (coaching institutes have pre-scheduled tests). You must solve online mock tests as JEE Main and JEE Advanced both will be conducted in computer-based mode.
Related Page : JEE Study Plan and preparation