How to practice questions in order to crack the JEE exam?
Tips to practice questions in order to crack the JEE exam.
- Read the question carefully and understand it properly. Identify what information is given and what is required to find.
- Decide quickly whether you can answer the question or not. Skip the question fast if you have no clue about how to solve it.
- Have a habit of focusing on the Units in which the value of a given physical quantity is provided.
- Don’t be in too much hurry while solving questions as it can lead to silly mistakes. Verify if your steps are correct leading to the solution.
- If you know that you are not very familiar with the concepts involved in the question, don’t attempt it, rather study the concept first and then solve the question.
- Start with easier questions and then gradually increase the level.
- Remember all the formulas of Physics, Chemistry and Math well. If you take time to recall the formula, you will lose the time.
- Try to get hints from questions and options, which chapter or topic or concept is asked. Because JEE will have questions from almost all chapters of the syllabus.
- Try to solve options. (Be careful, it’s a risky way. You may end up answering an easy question in a wrong way.) But, it may be useful at times.
- Think for another method to solve the question. It may be a shortcut which might be valid only for that particular question (due to some special symmetry). Such tricks will solve your question in 1 minute instead of 4–5 minutes.
- After solving a question do refer to the solution. You may find some other alternative approach to solve the question.
- Don’t get frightened on seeing the long questions. They might seem difficult but may take only a few seconds to tackle. That’s where practicing questions regularly helps.
- Analyse the questions you are not able to solve and pay special attention to them when you revise. Try to think why you could not solve it? Is it because you did not have proper understanding of a concept? Reread it. Did you apply the wrong concept? (For example using the equation of motion when acceleration is not constant) then read about both concepts again and understand why that concept cannot be applied in this question.
- Discuss with your teachers on how you can improve the level of questions solving. Ask all your doubts related to questions and the concepts involved.
- Don’t panic and stay calm while solving the questions.
Related Post : The Right Method for Practicing Questions for IIT JEE