What should I do to improve my calculation skills for NEET and AIIMS?
Here are some tips to improve your calculation skills for NEET.
- First make sure that your theory and concepts are clear.
- Read the questions properly and carefully. Run through all the important points that are mentioned.
- Don’t rush in solving problems, it can result in negative marking that brings your score down.
- When you already analyzed that the question has a lot of calculations, leave it for a bit later because the calculations eat up time very fast.
- Try to revise your calculations before answering the options.
- Verify units for any conversion.
- Practice questions regularly. Include problem solving in your daily study schedule.
- Don’t just watch teachers solve the problems or read how to solve them. Do try to solve them yourself.
- You might do a lot of calculation mistake. But keep practicing. The objective before solving any numerical should be 100% accuracy.
- Make a notebook containing your silly mistakes, unnecessary calculations, time spent on solving the question, etc. Revise this notebook every time before a problem solving session or mock test.
Hope it helps.