What should I do to prepare for the JEE if I am in standard 10?
IIT JEE preparation in standard 10 is about learning some key skills like time management, discipline, following a study schedule, concentration in studies, and clearing basic concepts well. You should learn to respect and manage time so that when you prepare as per JEE syllabus (from class 11), you will be already in that habit of managing things.
The most trusted way to prepare for IIT JEE in standard 10 is to join a foundation course. There is nothing better than preparing under the guidance of coaching teachers. You can discuss all your doubts and problems with your teachers. Your faculties will give you the right direction & support to clear JEE.
Here are some ways to prepare for IIT-JEE in standard 10.
- Start a habit to study every day. With time you will be able to study for long hours without losing focus.
- Build up your interest in all the three subjects (PCM) equally.
- Give up mugging and lay emphasis on learning concepts and applying them on problems.
- Learn simple and basic concepts before knowing the complex ones. Draw diagrams to understand the concepts well.
- Make problem solving a habit. Spend some time everyday in solving problems.
- Work on your calculations in terms of accuracy and speed. Try to be accurate as well as fast. This needs practice.
- Improve your analytical skills. Try to solve the same problem with different methods. Solve puzzles and riddles.