How to get 99+ percentile in the JEE Mains if I start from now?
For getting 99+ percentile in the JEE Mains, you should try to score more than 200 marks in the exam. To be on the safer side, it’s better to target a 220+ score to achieve 99+ percentile in the JEE Mains exam.
Study Tips to Get 99+ Percentile in JEE Mains exam :
- Complete each and every topic in all the chapters in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Study productively and efficiently for long hours without losing concentration.
- Read the entire theory part of any chapter/ topic before attempting the questions.
- Attempt the exercises given in the coaching booklet/ books, DPPs, go through complete material and then only solve previous year questions.
- Solve a large number of problems which not only increases the speed but also leads to the development of thoughts very quickly and the thoughts for a particular problem solving strikes very fast.
- Give as many tests as you can. Giving the tests provides the real examination environment, it also tells you how to properly manage the time in all the 3 subjects.
- Don’t get demotivated because of low scores in tests. It’s a continuous effort till the exam day. Have patience, keep trying and don’t give up.
- Identify your mistakes. If you got a question wrong, understand why you got it wrong. Find out what you’re good at and not so good at. Work on your weakness.
- Resolve your doubts quickly. If you don’t understand anything, ask the same question again and again from your teacher.
- During the exam and before that in practice tests also, do not let any question eat up your time. Skip the question as soon as you are nowhere close to the answer. Come back to these questions after you finish the whole paper once.
- Keep the speed fast but not very fast. This is a crucial one because many of us solve in a hurry that leads to many silly errors which we cannot bear at all.
- Revise every day. It takes a long time to learn something for the first time but it doesn’t take much time to revise it every now and then.
Note : Seeing the current trend of marks vs percentile in JEE Mains, no score is a safe score anymore. A lot depends on your slot and the other test takers in your slot and the relative performance will determine your fate so try to improve your score by giving mocks, practicing rigorously and don’t leave anything for the sake of luck.