Can a student do preparation of JEE main exam after 12 class and get a good rank in India?
Yes, a student is eligible to give JEE Main after 12 class and can get a good rank in the exam if he/ she is willing to work hard (and smart) with consistency. There are many students who cleared JEE Main and JEE Advanced with great ranks by dropping a year after class 12.
The below students prepared for JEE after class 12 and secured very good ranks.
- Shivam Shekhar (How I Got a Good Rank in JEE Advanced With 1 Year Preparation).
- Sourav Ravish (IIT BHU).
Tips to prepare for JEE Main exam after class 12 :
- Make a study schedule to complete the JEE class 11 and class 12 syllabus in the remaining time before the exam.
- Find out your weak topics and concepts, and work hard to make them your strong areas. Don’t commit your previous mistakes, instead learn from them.
- Know the right method for practicing JEE problems.
- Be consistent with your studies. Practice questions on a daily basis and revise the topics frequently from your notes.
- Don’t ignore a topic just because you think it’s too hard. You should have a general idea about every topic.
- Ask all your doubts from the teachers (JEE online doubt clearing).
- There will be instances where you might not get your desired score even after working very hard. Do not get affected by this and keep studying hard, identify where you are lacking, and work on it.
If you are going for class 12 improvement, you have to keep practicing subjective questions and keep an eye on completing the board syllabus. You must solve your board sample papers before the exams.
If taking a partial drop, go through these study tips.
Hope it helps.